14 September 2009

My Review of REI Ultra Light Jacket - Men's

REI

The spectacular Ultra Light jacket features two-way stretch ensuring great performance and an ultra-comfortable fit.


I Love Playing in the Rain...

jchu1080 Memphis, TN 9/14/2009

 

3 5

Gift: No

Fit: Feels true to size

Sleeve Length: Feels true to length

Chest Size: Feels true to size

Pros: Comfortable, Waterproof, Lightweight, Durable

Cons: Inadequate Protection, Doesn't Breathe

Best Uses: Hiking and Camping, Casual Wear, Wet Weather, Extreme Conditions

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

but not so much when it your jacket leaks on you.

I travel for a living and pack my bag with gear that i think i might end up using. This jacket has saved me many a time in torrential downpours and crazy storms. It's extremely compact and light, easily stored in any bag, and provides great protection.

I would have given it a 5 but it has just started to leak and like a number of other users, is not breathable at all. I sweat pretty profusely and when I'm hiking with this jacket it feels like i have saran wrap stuck to me skin. No good. Thank goodness for REI Coop. I'm taking it back for a replacement!

()

No comments: