16 April 2013

The Battle Is Thick Today.

Yesterday was a stable day with more tests for my dad. Today those results came in and they are not what we wanted to hear.  My dad's heart has a number of issues at hand that are all odds stacked against him.

The echo that was performed yesterday showed... a whole large explanation with lots of big words that I don't understand. The main words that we currently are concerned with are "prolapse of posterior leaflet" and "flail mitral leaflet w/ ruptured chordae" which in short means that the mitral valve is not functioning properly and needs to be repaired. This valve rupture is probably what caused the stroke.  Having had the stroke, being a heart attack survivor and having had work already done on his heart, greatly affects whether they would consider doing the surgery to repair it.

There is some concern that the infection of the blood might be due to endocarditis, an infection of the heart. They aren't sure on this yet but if so, this is not a good thing. They are also noticed possible "vegetation" in his heart which is also not a good thing.  It means that those parts of his heart are no longer working.  His heart is also in AFIB still and that doesn't help with anything.

I don't understand a lot of what's going on right now, but I wanted to write the things that have transpired today.

Prayer Requests

  1. Pain Management for his back so that he can stay comfortable.
  2. Choosing the best path of care.
  3. Comfort for our family. Thankful to have my brother here from out of town to be with us during this time.
It's hard to request a miraculous repair of his heart but that is my selfish request. 
I also trust that our God is Sovereign and in control. May He be the comfort to my hurting soul.

"O God, you are my God;  earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in  a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding  your power and glory. Because your  steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you  as long as I live; in your  name I will  lift up my hands." - Psalms 63:1-4

No comments: